LAVA is extremely pleased to announce its next First Time Entrepreneur training program. The program is open to entrepreneurs that are starting companies in areas that are likely to draw venture capital investment. The program is not open to service providers. You are encouraged to apply today for one of the 12 slots open in our workshop. LAVA members will receive first preference, but membership is not necessary to be accepted.
Members are free; non-members $50.
During our five hour program, you will learn how to:
- Determine the value of your company
- Put together a capitaliation table
- Understand how VCs screen potential investments
- Understand the differences between trademarks, copyrights and patents and when you need them
- Choose co-founders
- Network at startup events -- the right way
The program will be taught by LAVA board members and veterans of the venture space. The program is generously sponsored by Crowley Corporate Legal Strategy.
This session will also feature LAVA Board Member and Venture Investor Buck Jordan, of Canyon Creek Capital.